Monday, May 18, 2009

Craig's List Chairs

I picked up the chairs over the weekend that I had found on Craig's list for $75 for the pair. They are even better than I had expected! They are replacing an Ikea sofa that we brought over from our old apartment last year. I plan on going to a few markets later this week in London and will hopefully find some wonderful vintage fabric for the chairs. One chair needs the caning replaced so if I cannot match the stain I may choose to paint the chairs. Apartment Therapy has a great article on cane chairs that I'm using for inspiration. The big question will be to paint or not to paint. Here is a painted chair from Apartment Therapy's article:
I also love the dressed up look of this one from Alkemie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Subscribe

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin