Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wedding Invitations


Our invitations will have matte silver writing instead of the gold

I just sent in my proofs for the wedding invites the other day and I'm having second thoughts. I am working with a very tight budget so letterpress and custom invites did not seem like an option, plus the wedding coordinator was able to get us a fantastic price on these ($50 less then what I had put in the budget for). Here are my 2 minor problems with the invites.

  1. I have fallen in love with the idea of a symbol of some sort - I know it isn't a good reason but I would really like one. I'm hoping that I can decide on one and incorporate it into the directions insert, menus, place cards and other stationary. Do you think I can get away with this and have it still match with the stationary or should I just forget the symbol thing?

  2. The invites have a very formal look that I liked at the time when I was receiving "ho down" jokes about having our wedding in a barn, but now I would like something with a little more personality that fits us and our venue better. Again, I thought maybe we could do this in the additional stationary.

Crown Invitations from Martha Stewart

Acorn Invitation by Dauphine Press


Acorn and Leaf Invitation by Mew Paper Arts
Oak Tree Invitation by Hello Lucky



Farm Invitations from Martha Stewart


Naturalist Invitations from Hello Lucky

2 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful choices--thanks for including my Acorn Invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Your invities are so beautiful! I only wish I had found them before placing my invite order.

    ReplyDelete

Share and Subscribe

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin