Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cleaning

My dream laundry room via An eye for I:nteriors from Hampton Design

Since my return from the honeymoon I have been slowly (sloth like, if you ask my husband) attempting to really clean our apartment and restore it to it's original state prior to the wedding craft/DIY war zone that took effect at least 6 months ago. Of course my cleaning has already resulted in furniture rearrangement. Since I was a child, I have had the bad habit of making a massive mess in reorganizing while cleaning. It is a messy beginning but it usually turns out for the best. Each day at work I now think about what room, closet or task I will conquer when I get home and so I couldn't help but read this article today in the NY Times. I don't have a washer or dryer in my building so I doubt I will fulfill its suggestions completely but the perfectionist in me now has the itch to properly separate my clothes. Perhaps it would cut down on my shopping if my clothes looked better longer. I had no idea that laundry could be so involved, of course I never really thought about how the machine actually worked to get your clothes clean either. Note to self: attempt to restore the brightness in my whites at the next laundromat visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Subscribe

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin